- This event has passed.
Samhain/Halloween – Honoring our Ancestors
October 26, 2019 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 am$30.00
Through the Tarot, invite in your ancestors:
Ask, learn to make cathartic movement pieces.
Come to “aha” moments
with Founder Miriam Jacobs
We learn a lot about living from our ancestors. In lieu of Samhain: Halloween, and Day of the Dead: Bring photos of a deceased loved one that you would like to say something to.
Here’s how the workshop will go:
- Arrival warm up, stretch, dance, introduce yourself to others
- We will slowly begin to move to music and then come together
- Dehanna Rice will lead us in a breath work exercise
- Personal introductions with a brief overview of Samhain
- Breakup into pairs to pick and read 1-2 cards Miriam will be available for assistance
- Time is given to plan movement pieces and a break. (10-20 minutes) . Consider including props, chosen music, your voice and whatever comes to mind.
- Witnessing – everyone is given two to five minutes to perform their piece.
Announce the card.
Perform movement piece.
End with a bow or curtsy.
Everyone else claps.
After everyone is witnessed,
- Put on costumes and dance!
- Regroup for supportive feedback – What did you feel when you performed and when you watched? What happened?
Please wear clothes to move in and any bring props that inspire you. Writing and drawing materials will be provided. The Polarity Wellness Tarot will be used.
For more about Tarot in Motion