- This event has passed.
Gratitude: Giving Thanks
November 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC+0$30.00
Through Tarot, we come together to give thanks
to all that we are grateful for by dancing, writing, moving, and sharing.
With founder Miriam Jacobs
Please wear clothes to move in and any bring props that inspire you. Writing and drawing materials will be provided although, bring journals, your choice of music, if you’d like! The Polarity Wellness Tarot will be used.
Thanksgiving is a great time to remember all that we are grateful for.
Here’s how the workshop will go:
- Arrival warm up, stretch, dance, introduce yourself to others
- We will slowly begin to move to music and then come together
- Dehanna Rice will lead us in a breath work exercise
- Personal introductions with a brief overview of Thanksgiving and basic question intention
- Breakup into pairs to pick and read 1-2 cards Miriam will be available for assistance
- Time is given to plan movement pieces and a break. (10-20 minutes) . Consider including props, chosen music, your voice and whatever comes to mind.
- Witnessing – everyone is given two to five minutes to perform their piece.
Announce the card.
Perform movement piece.
End with a bow or curtsy.
Everyone else claps.
After everyone is witnessed,
- Join in and share dances with others
- Regroup for supportive feedback – What did you feel when you performed and when you watched? What happened?
For more about Tarot in Motion