- This event has passed.
Tarot in Motion: Grounding self-love
February 15 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC+0
To celebrate Valentine’s Day
Through creating cathartic movement pieces based on pulled Tarot cards, you will gain insights on loving yourselves with all your heart.
As an added gift, I will be including a purification ritual inspired by Marcela Lobos who through a transmission received this powerful rite.
TAROT IN MOTION
A tribute to self love
with founder, Miriam Jacobs & Dehanna Rice
DATE: Saturday, February, 15th, 2020
WHERE: Spring Fall Studio
2547 Eight Street, Bay 2, #20
COST: $30-$40 at the door
Here’s what to expect:
* Arrival: warm-up, stretch & dance, introduce yourself to others
* We will slowly begin to move to music and come together
* Dehanna Rice will lead us in a breathwork exercise
* Personal introductions with a brief conversation about intentions, goals, and resolutions.
* Choose a card with the intention of telling a story with your dance.
(Miriam will be available for card reading assistance)
* Time is given for a break and movement piece planning. Include your voice, costumes, props, chosen music, your voice and whatever comes to mind.
* Witnessing – everyone is given two to five minutes to perform their piece.
Announce your card.
Perform the movement piece.
End with a bow or curtsy.
Everyone else claps.
After everyone is witnessed, we regroup for supportive feedback – What did you feel when you performed and when you watched? What happened?