- This event has passed.
Winter Solstice – Telling Stories
December 21, 2019 @ 5:00 am - 8:00 am$30
TAROT IN MOTION -12/21
Wind up the end of the year by telling stories with movement by chosen Tarot cards.
With founder Miriam Jacobs
Please wear clothes to move in and any bring props that inspire you. Writing and drawing materials will be provided although, bring journals, your choice of music, blankets and pillows if you’d like! The Polarity Wellness Tarot will be used.
Here’s how the workshop will go:
- Arrive and in silence and sink into a short meditation
- We will slowly begin to move to music and then come together
- Personal introductions with a brief overview of the Winter Solstice & Story telling
- Do some moving exercises
- Breakup into pairs to pick and read 1-2 cards Miriam will be available for assistance
- Writing and drawing
- Time is given to plan movement pieces and a break. (10-20 minutes) . Consider including props, chosen music, your voice and whatever comes to mind.
- Witnessing – everyone is given two to five minutes to perform their piece.
Announce the card.
Perform movement piece.
End with a bow or curtsy.
Everyone else claps.
After everyone is witnessed,
- Regroup for supportive feedback – What did you feel when you performed and when you watched? What happened?
- Dance in a harmony circle
- Share snacks
For more about Tarot in Motion